If you love children, the Ossining Children’s Center has a volunteer opportunity for you!
Caring volunteers help our children in a variety of ways. Whether you have a little or a lot of time to give, we’ll work with you to find the right “fit” for you.
- Read to children
- Give some special one-to-one attention to a child who needs some extra TLC.
- Contact: Gerri DeSilva, 914-941-0230, ext. 15
Before- and After-School Program
- Help children with homework
- Seasonal arts and craft projects
- Do you have a skill that you can share? e.g. Chess, music, dance, carpentry.
- Contact our School-age Program Director: Juan Pomales, 914-941-0230, ext. 338
Holiday Giving Opportunities
- Toy Drive
- “Sponsor a Family”
- Contact our Social Worker: Terry Becker, 914-941-0230, ext. 12
Fundraising and Marketing
- Work on an event committee
- Graphics and/or writing
- Contact our Development Director: Shawn Cribari, 914-941-0230, ext. 13
- Write letters and e-mails to County, State and US legislators
- Write letters to the editor
- Speak at County budget hearings in November
- Contact: Shawn Cribari, 914-941-0230, ext. 13
Not sure what you might like to do? Give us a call, come in for a tour and a conversation.